[Taxacom] Mystery photo

John Noyes j.noyes at nhm.ac.uk
Thu Oct 25 03:30:19 CDT 2012

Hi Stephen,

Looks like a thrips (Thysanoptera) to me. I think some species are known to be pollinators of orchids. Try Laurence Mound (CSIRO, Canberra) he should be able to help.

John

John Noyes
Scientific Associate
Department of Entomology
Natural History Museum
Cromwell Road
South Kensington
London SW7 5BD
UK
jsn at nhm.ac.uk
Tel.: +44 (0) 207 942 5594
Fax.: +44 (0) 207 942 5229

Universal Chalcidoidea Database (everything you wanted to know about chalcidoids and more):
www.nhm.ac.uk/chalcidoids