[Taxacom] Animal on Syzygium

Adam Cotton adamcot at cscoms.com
Sat Oct 27 08:22:13 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pudji Widodo" <pudjiwi at yahoo.com>
To: <Taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu>
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:08 AM
Subject: [Taxacom] Animal on Syzygium

Dear Taxacomers,

I try again to send you the image via the following link:

http://pudji.widodo.blog.unsoed.ac.id/2012/10/27/animal-on-syzygium/

I hope it works and you could help me identify the blue animal on a Syzygium
leaf. Thank you.

With Regards,
Pudji Widodo

It looks similar to some Lycaenid (Lepidoptera) larvae. It appears to have
eaten part of the leaf to its left. There is no indication of size in the
photo, so it is difficult to be certain.

A quick Google search of "Syzygium Lycaenidae" reveals several records of
Lycaenids feeding on that plant genus, so I would assume my suggestion is at
least likely.

Adam.