[Taxacom] Final announcement: Symposium on Biodiversity on the Bahamas Archipelago - October 30 - 31, 2012

Javier Ortega ortegaj at fiu.edu
Sat Oct 20 14:21:20 CDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

We have just posted in the internet (www.fairchildgarden.org/bahamas<http://www.fairchildgarden.org/bahamas>) the final announcement for the symposium entitled "Celebrating 30 Years of the Flora of the Bahamas: Conservation and Science Challenges" that will take place during this coming week (between Oct. 30 and 31). The website also includes a flier for the symposium. We look forward to having your contributions and attendance. Our gratitude to those who have already sent their poster abstracts and confirmed their attendance to the symposium.

There are some changes from the third announcement. They most relevant ones are:

(1) We have details (location and times) concerning bus transportation from the hotel area to the symposium sites and field trips

(2) We have a link for the symposium program (as a pdf file) activities at the College of the Bahamas (http://www.fairchildgarden.org/uploads/docs/CTPC/Javier/BNTCoB-Flora_Symposium_-Programme.pdf)

Please contact me if you have not sent your poster abstract yet. Before Friday we expect to have a link for a informative brochure (as a pdf file) with details pertinent to the main features of Plant Biodiversity in the Bahamas.

Please do not hesitate to contact any of the symposium organizers if you have any question about this final announcement.

We look forward to meeting you in Nassau in ten days.

With best regards,

===============
Javier Francisco-Ortega,
Professor,
Department of Biological Sciences,
Florida International University,
OE167 - University Park,
Miami, FL 33199
USA
Phone: 305-348-2080
Fax: 305-348-1986
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden,
11935 Old Cutler Road,
Coral Gables (Miami),
FL 33156
USA
Phone: 305-665-2844 Ext 3423 or Ext 3432