[Taxacom] e-only publication for zoology, starts today

Paul van Rijckevorsel dipteryx at freeler.nl
Tue Sep 4 02:39:05 CDT 2012

I see. This is big news, indeed. However, as I understand it,
e-only publication does not start today, but had started
(retroactively) on 1 January 2012. This means that the same
date applies for both botany (including mycology, etc) and
zoology.

Interesting also that any name published on a carrier other
than optical disc or printed on paper stops existing. I am
unsure if there are such names (actually, were such names).

The wonders of retroactivity. In botany (etc) e-only
publication is allowed from 1 January 2012, based on a
Code that still has not been published and in zoology
e-only publication is allowed from 1 January 2012,
based on an amendment that was made know only on
4 September 2012!

Paul