[Taxacom] e-only publication for zoology, starts today

John Noyes j.noyes at nhm.ac.uk
Tue Sep 4 03:50:54 CDT 2012

Hi guys,

Well according to what I have just read, from the horses mouth itself so to speak (ICZN), it seems that none of the names or other taxonomic acts published by electronic means only to date is available.

"The requirements for electronic publications are that the work be registered in ZooBank BEFORE it is published, that the work itself state(s) the date of publication and contain(s) evidence that registration has occurred, and that the ZooBank registration state both the name of an electronic archive intended to preserve the work and the ISSN or ISBN associated with the work."

So far as I know none of these e-only works was registered in ZooBank BEFORE it was published. Thus any new e-only nomenclatural acts published to the present are NOT available under this amendment.

I have not yet read the statements in Zootaxa or Zookeys yet but presumably they say the same thing.

John

John Noyes
Scientific Associate
Department of Entomology
Natural History Museum
Cromwell Road
South Kensington
London SW7 5BD
UK
jsn at nhm.ac.uk
Tel.: +44 (0) 207 942 5594
Fax.: +44 (0) 207 942 5229

Universal Chalcidoidea Database (everything you wanted to know about chalcidoids and more):
www.nhm.ac.uk/chalcidoids