[Taxacom] CDROM / DVD Publication

Paul van Rijckevorsel dipteryx at freeler.nl
Tue Sep 4 10:54:22 CDT 2012

Chris, I got that. My query was a different one. The wording
in the last two editions allowed a great deal more latitude
than the new amendment which allows only optical discs, in
read-only memory form.

Under the previous wording any "method that assures numerous
identical and durable copies" was allowed, so that arguably any
of  a number of carriers could be used, in addition to optical
discs (CD-ROM/DVD). Again, I don't have the faintest idea if
any not-on-paper publication was ever issued on a carrier other
than optical disc. What is clear is that any names published on
such a carrier have now ceased to exist (retroactively).

Paul