[Taxacom] CDROM / DVD Publication

Neal Evenhuis neale at bishopmuseum.org
Tue Sep 4 15:26:18 CDT 2012

On 9/4/12 3:15 AM, "Chris Thompson" <xelaalex at cox.net<mailto:xelaalex at cox.net>> scribbled the following tidbit:

Paul:

It is only now a historical footnote, but in regards to CDROM publications,

There is at least one CDROM serial***:
*** I do not know remember, but I believe back in the late 1990s and early
2000s there were other CDROM publications, etc.

I may be wrong, but think Chris told me that there are new Diptera names (replacement names) made available in some of the Catalogue of Life CD-ROMs, which resulted from harvesting data from the (then) BDWD Diptera database that, at the time, had "working records" that included some manuscript replacement names.

Would these names still be available?

Contrary to this, the DDDD that Chris mentioned specifically had a "disclaimer" that "no nomenclatural acts are validated herein".

-Neal

This message is only intended for the addressee named above. Its contents may be privileged or otherwise protected. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply mail or by collect telephone call. Any personal opinions expressed in this message do not necessarily represent the views of the Bishop Museum.