[Taxacom] e-publishing and the "taxonomic impediment"

Dr Brian Taylor dr.brian.taylor at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 5 04:12:27 CDT 2012

Many a word spoken in jest!!

The revised Code does not adequately define publication. Is an archived
website, i.e. mine on African ants, archived by the British Library "UK Web
Archive", a publication?  I suggested during the discussion forum that
Zoobank should be the depository for a pdf of each new species description.
In that way the archive could not be altered, unlike the UK Web Archive
which trawls the sources for updates.  Zootaxa or Zookeys, I forget which,
issued pre-publication pdf access, available before printing.

Brian T