[Taxacom] Rubus ulmifolius and Rubus armeniacus

Dr Gurcharan Singh singhg at sify.com
Wed Sep 5 23:05:05 CDT 2012

Dear members
Rubus ulmifolius is a common species in Kashmir. Recently I found a very
similar plant in California, common along borders of fields known as
Himalayan blackberry, now identified as Rubus armeniacus. The two look very
similar to me. Can any member help me in finding the differences between
these two species, to enable me to fix the real identity of our Kashmir
Rubus.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College