[Taxacom] e-only publication for zoology, starts today

Paul van Rijckevorsel dipteryx at freeler.nl
Thu Sep 6 02:40:48 CDT 2012

Laurent Raty does appear to have a point: there does not seem
to be a way for the average ZooBank-user to know that a PDF
published earlier this year was not published in the sense of the
newly amended zoological Code.

It might help to change the "Registered on 06 March 2012 by ..."
to something like "Registered (print) on 06 March 2012 by ..."
for all the 2012 (and later?) entries. I presume that publishers
will have the option of choosing to register only one of their
editions (that is, only their print or only their online version),
as their preference may be? Surely, there is no law that says
that online and print versions must be published on the same
day.

Paul

P.S. I see URL's for Archives have been (are being?) added
already. Quick work!