[Taxacom] Rubus ulmifolius and Rubus armeniacus

Dr Gurcharan Singh singhg at sify.com
Thu Sep 6 12:22:30 CDT 2012

Thanks a lot Dr. Nadia
Your link does have both the species described together to help. I had with
me both Rehder (Manual of Cultivated Trees.....), Bailey (Manual of
Cultivated Plants) and Hortus Third, purchased here, but they have only
description of R. ulmifolius not R. armeniacus. I also purchases updated
Japson Manual for California plants, but unfortunately (updated version
published in 1993) it does not feature R. armeniacus, understandably,
because mystery of correct identity of Himalayan Blackberry in California
was resolved only in 1999 by Ceska.
   Thanks a lot for the link which will help me with identification of
other California plants, as I am on a few months of visit to California.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College