[Taxacom] e-only publication for zoology, starts today

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Fri Sep 7 03:38:34 CDT 2012

Paul,
I am not sure where you are going (or coming from) with this? I thought my previous post was clear, but here it is again:

There aren't two ways to read this! The fact that 8.5.3.1 is subordinate to 8.5.3 (with the consequence that the work itself must contain evidence that 8.5.3.1 was satisfied), plus the fact that 8.5.3.1 was pretty much an impossibility to satisfy before 4 Sep 2012 (which is conclusive counterevidence), means that nothing registered before that date can be a valid publication unless you are Dr. Who and can jump into your Tardis to go back in time ...

to reiterate, the work itself must contain evidence that ZooBank registration satisfying 8.5.3 (and therefore 8.5.3.1) *has occurred*. If the work was issued before 4 Sep 2012, then how can it, when 8.5.3.1 was impossible to satisfy before 4 Sep 2012???

Stephen