[Taxacom] e-publication of EarlyView: clarification needed

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Sep 12 03:24:50 CDT 2012

Hi Peter,
Then my strong advice would be to assign volume/issue and final pagination before putting articles up EarlyView. That way, nothing need change at all when the print edition happens (and I would advise against quoting the print publication date in the article itself, after the EarlyView version is up - best to just quote it on the editorial pages of the issue). Also, please note that all articles will need to be registered in ZooBank in advance of EarlyView (but not the new names), so that you can quote the LSID on the article itself, along with the online publication date (in the article itself, not just on the associated web page). During registration, you will have to nominate an online archive, but there is no actual requirement to actually archive anything!! Without following this process, nothing will count ...
Cheers, Stephen