[Taxacom] e-publication of EarlyView: clarification needed

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Wed Sep 12 05:12:55 CDT 2012

Dear John,

Where do you get "10%" from?

Based on work I've been doing (preliminary results at http://iphylo.org/~rpage/itaxon ) roughly 25% of newly described animal names can be linked to some form of digital identifier, such as DOI, BHL, Handle, ISBN, URL, JSTOR, etc. This number is only going to increase as more literature gets digitised.

Regards

Rod

Roderic Page
Professor of Taxonomy