[Taxacom] Predatory Open Access Publishers

Neal Evenhuis neale at bishopmuseum.org
Thu Sep 13 14:28:46 CDT 2012

Looks like someone at Nature does not know the author of the article, open access blogger Jeffrey Beall (his portrait caption says "J. Sanchez") ....

... unless that is his alter ego .... :-)

-Neal

On 9/13/12 5:24 AM, "Sergio Vargas" <sevragorgia at gmail.com<mailto:sevragorgia at gmail.com>> scribbled the following tidbit:

Dear taxacomers:

A colleague gently send a link to a Nature editorial on Open Access
publishing. In case you are interested please find the link(s) below.
I know the topic has been raised before in the list. I think this will
be especially important in taxonomy now that e-only publication is
possible.

Predatory publishers are corrupting open access:
http://www.nature.com/news/predatory-publishers-are-corrupting-open-access-1.11385

(A) List of predatory open access publishers:
http://scholarlyoa.com/publishers/

cheers

sergio

--