[Taxacom] Predatory Open Access Publishers

Kirk Fitzhugh kfitzhugh at nhm.org
Thu Sep 13 17:13:45 CDT 2012

John,

I am referring to the requirement as recognized in all fields of
science. I'm sure you've read the basic literature on the subject that
exists beyond the vacuum of systematics. If not, may I direct you to
these two papers as primers:

Fitzhugh, K. 2006. The 'requirement of total evidence' and its role in
phylogenetic systematics. Biology & Philosophy 21: 309--351.

Fitzhugh, K. 2012. The limits of understanding in biological
systematics. Zootaxa 3435: 40--67.

Kirk

--
e-mail: kfitzhug at nhm.org