[Taxacom] e-publication of EarlyView: clarification needed

Geoff Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Thu Sep 13 23:32:11 CDT 2012

In the same journal W. M'Intosh used to publish articles always beginning
as: "Notes from the Gatty Marine Laboratory, St. Andrews."
He got up to at least fifty of these over the years. Then within each
article there were usually multiple sub-articles on quite disparate topics
(prolific author he was).

Here is the highly cited (ahem!) fiftieth:

I.—Notes from the Gatty Marine Laboratory, St. Andrews.—No. L

By Prof. M'Intosh, M.D., LL.D., D.Sc., F.R.S., &e.

1. Additional Remarks on the Pelagic Fauna of St. Andrews Bay during
the Months of the Year.
2. Further Remarks on the Occurrence of Sagitta bipunctata, Quoy &
Gaimard.
3. On a Parasitic Growth on the Tail of Sagitta and in a Cirrus of
Hermadion from the * Challenger.'
4. On a South African Sagitta and the Proportional Size of the Central
Nervous System.

Fun stuff to handle bibliographically. Also Taylor and Francis just have
the first line as the article title online, and only that will get you the
ca. fifty generic possibilities.

DOI:10.1080/00222932708655559

Geoff