[Taxacom] Nova Publishers

Gerwin Kasperek g.kasperek at ub.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Sep 25 06:23:29 CDT 2012

Quoting John Grehan <calabar.john at gmail.com>:

> With respect to previous comments on various dubious or predatory
> publishers I would be very interested to know whether anyone knows about
> Nova Publishers https://www.novapublishers.com/catalog/

We have many titles from Nova Publishers in our library (because for
our special subject collection we collect all biology titles worldwide
as long as titles are available with reasonable effort). From my
experience, most Nova books seem to contain original research, but the
title wording often suggests more importance or relevance to a topic
than is really to be found inside. Often, Nova book titles suggest
some kind of reference or text book, but contributions are not
comprehensive, or rather too highly specialized (and maybe of
sub-average quality).

Regards
Gerwin Kasperek

Dr Gerwin Kasperek
    Virtual Library of Biology
    http://www.vifabio.de/?lang=en
University Library Johann Christian Senckenberg
Bockenheimer Landstr. 134-138
60325 Frankfurt am Main
- Germany -