[Taxacom] Start of online early

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Tue Sep 25 11:07:50 CDT 2012

Yes, this is a major point, and I agree with Joe K. If the journal's
hardcopy ISSN number applies also to the early-online version, then the
online-version takes precedence over the hardcopy version. But . . .

Given that there is no promise that early-online versions are archived
and not just turned off when the hard-copy comes out, there is a
problem. The early-online version should stand alone as an electronic
publication.

Isn't there something in the new code about this? Didn't John McNeill
send a message about this (which I didn't study).

Richard H. Zander
Web sites: http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/resbot/ and
UPS and FedExpr -  MBG, 4344 Shaw Blvd, St. Louis 63110 USA