[Taxacom] Start of online early

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Tue Sep 25 11:55:19 CDT 2012

Aha. I have found the original proposal in Taxon 60: 243-286. 2011. One
sentence (assuming they appear in the final version when published as
ICN, is:

"30.6. An electronic publication is not effectively published if there
is evidence that it is merely a preliminary version that was, or is to
be, replaced by a version that the publisher considers final, in which
case only that final version is effectively published."

Thus, a preprint as an early-online version is NOT an effective way to
publish a new name. Even if there is a date on the e-publication.

Richard H. Zander
Web sites: http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/resbot/ and
UPS and FedExpr -  MBG, 4344 Shaw Blvd, St. Louis 63110 USA