[Taxacom] Start of online early

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Tue Sep 25 14:23:44 CDT 2012

Thanks for the url of the ICN portion on effective publication.

Note that it says in part
"Ex. 4.  The paper (in S. African J. Bot. 80: 63-66; ISSN 0254-6299) in
which the name Nanobubon hypogaeum J. Magee appears was effectively
published online as a PDF document on 30 March 2012 in its "final and
fully citable" form, prior to publication of the printed version (May
2012)."

Well I looked up the place of effective publication and could only find
the May version, see url below. Maybe the March version (which should be
labeled as MARCH) is available in PDF (costs too much to find out) but I
doubt it. Since there is no "fully citable" extant copy of the March
version, it was effectively published in May, not March contrary to Ex.
4. Maybe.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0254629912000087

Well, sure if there is a separate doppleganger journal, that's
different.

Richard

Richard H. Zander
Web sites: http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/resbot/ and
UPS and FedExpr -  MBG, 4344 Shaw Blvd, St. Louis 63110 USA