[Taxacom] Start of online early

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Tue Sep 25 14:47:54 CDT 2012

The PDF for this paper http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.sajb.2012.01.006 is dated 24 April 2012 (at least, that's the last time the PDF was modified). For some articles the DOI can provide information on date, but not in this case.

Rather than try and divine the exact date an article was published from metadata in the PDF or from CrossRef, wouldn't it make sense to have the publication and name registered at time of publication, for example by collaborating with the publishers so that they can submit this data automatically?

Much of this discussion seems to highlight the disconnect between the digital world we inhabit and the world imagined by the nomenclatural codes.

Regards

Rod

Roderic Page
Professor of Taxonomy