[Taxacom] Identification key for subspecific or infrasubspecific rank of names following a binomen (ICZN Article 45.6)

Chris Thompson xelaalex at cox.net
Thu Sep 27 16:17:09 CDT 2012

Doug,

as usual is right.

In key couplet 5 one must be aware to check the WHOLE publication, not just
the name. There are some workers, like Strobl (in Diptera) who labeled some
names as "f." in the same publication where he also labeled some as "subsp."
Thus clearly indicating that "f." [= form], was infrasubspecific.

AND it is UNambiguously, uambiguously!

Smile, Steve!

Chris

from home