[Taxacom] Sinoniscus Liu and Wang

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Fri Sep 28 00:44:34 CDT 2012

That 2002 reference is on BHL, by the way ... the PDF url is http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/pdf3/005949600040634.pdf

________________________________
From: Geoff Read <gread at actrix.gen.nz>
To: "taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu" <taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu>
Sent: Friday, 28 September 2012 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Taxacom] Sinoniscus Liu and Wang

An alternative. In the paleobiology database http://paleodb.org/  Sepkoski
is stated to have assigned Sinoniscus to Palaeonisciformes. Checking and
citing that as Liu and Wang (1979) fide Sepkoski would probably suffice to
establish it exists in taxonomic printed literature, & independent of
online databases. Also it would be a source other people could more easily
check if interested.

J. J. Sepkoski. 2002. A compendium of fossil marine animal genera.
Bulletins of American Paleontology 363:1-560 [J. Alroy/J. Alroy/M.
Carrano].

Geoff