[Taxacom] Sinoniscus Liu and Wang

Tony.Rees at csiro.au Tony.Rees at csiro.au
Fri Sep 28 00:48:57 CDT 2012

Just for completeness - the allocation to Palaeonisciformes is also contained in the relevant entry in Zoological Record, presumably from the original work:

Author(s): Liu, H.; Wang, N.
Source: Memoirs of Institute of Vertebrate Palaeontology and Palaeoanthropology Academia Sinica  Supplement: No. 13  Pages: 1-18  Published: 1978
Accession Number: ZOOR11500051560

(contains among others:)

Palaeonisciformes   Sinoniscus               Gen nov     Type species S. macrolepis, p. 6, Upper Permian Fossil
Palaeonisciformes   Sinoniscus macrolepis    Sp nov      China, Upper Permian, P. 6, fig'd Fossil

(this is from the online version as at now, presumably there is an equivalent citable print form)

Which might be a more reliable source since Sepkoski contains a larger-than-expected number of minor typographic errors.

Just a thought,

Cheers

Tony Rees