[Taxacom] Sinoniscus Liu and Wang

Stefano Taiti stefano.taiti at ise.cnr.it
Fri Sep 28 03:37:37 CDT 2012

Thanks a lot for the answers I got, they are all very helpful. I did
not want to start a discussion on this topic, I know very well what
to do, I just wanted to be sure before acting.
Thanks again,

Stefano

At 08.57 28/09/2012, Geoffrey Read wrote:
>Having looked at the BHL pdf of Sepkoski (thanks Stephen) hoping to find
>the fossil annelid genera, I too would rely more on Zoo Record if I had
>it.  Oh dear, dear me.  They didn't make it easy to follow did they (it's
>a posthumous edit by others).  Easiest way to use it would be to print all
>nearly 600 pages.
>
>Geoff
>
>On Fri, September 28, 2012 5:48 pm, Tony.Rees at csiro.au wrote:
> > Just for completeness - the allocation to Palaeonisciformes is also
> > contained in the relevant entry in Zoological Record, presumably from the
> > original work:
> >
> > Author(s): Liu, H.; Wang, N.
> > Source: Memoirs of Institute of Vertebrate Palaeontology and
> > Palaeoanthropology Academia Sinica  Supplement: No. 13  Pages: 1-18
> > Published: 1978
> > Accession Number: ZOOR11500051560
> >

> > (contains among others:)
> >
> > Palaeonisciformes   Sinoniscus               Gen nov     Type species S.
> > macrolepis, p. 6, Upper Permian Fossil
> > Palaeonisciformes   Sinoniscus macrolepis    Sp nov      China, Upper
> > Permian, P. 6, fig'd Fossil
> >
> > (this is from the online version as at now, presumably there is an
> > equivalent citable print form)
> >

> > Which might be a more reliable source since Sepkoski contains a
> > larger-than-expected number of minor typographic errors.
> >
> > Just a thought,
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Tony Rees

Stefano Taiti
Istituto per lo Studio degli Ecosistemi
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
Via Madonna del Piano 10
50019 Sesto Fiorentino (Firenze), Italy
Ph. Office: +39 0555225924   Ph. Lab.:  +39 0555225910
Fax: +39 0555225920    E-mail: stefano.taiti at ise.cnr.it