[Taxacom] Should we act now to stop an attack on the rules of Zoological Nomenclature?

Raymond Hoser - The Snakeman viper007 at live.com.au
Fri Aug 9 22:45:12 CDT 2013

Doug, you’ve missed the point and let’s hope not deliberately.

Wuster went well beyond the bad taxonomy argument and attacks solely against me long ago!

In fact Wuster has made it clear he and his mates seek to rename valid taxa based on “good taxonomy” as in well established species and genera, based on robust evidence and widely accepted (e.g. Aspidorhynchus Fitzinger, 1843,), noting that the late and great Fitzinger is not in a position to argue and fight against Wuster and his mate Van Vallach, who have already sought to rename dozens of Fitzinger species via the introduction of one or more junior synonyms to his name/s!

Doug, I am sure you know “bad taxonomy” is a red-herring argument and used to justify baseless personal attacks, as “bad taxonomy” has always been adequately dealt with via the rule of synonymy.  Non-taxa are simply ignored! But based on your preceding post, it may be worth asking are you as an ICZN commissioner there to protect the code, or instead allow it to be attacked from outside and within, with literally every single species being put at risk of renaming by a new generation of cowboys?

As for your comments here, the ICZN were never asked by me to intervene in taxonomic disputes, but you were specifically asked in relation to the publishing of an “opinion” in relation to nomenclatural matters currently destabilizing the code itself, which are within the ICZN’s long-standing domain!

Snakebustersâ - Australia's best reptilesâ

The only hands-on reptilesâ shows that lets people hold the animalsâ.

Reptile partiesâ, events, courses
Phones: 9812 3322

0412 777 211