[Taxacom] looking for anecdotes to build use case about hosts, parasites, hyperparasites, as well as parasitoid relationships among hosts and parasites

McCaffrey,Joanna jmccaffrey at flmnh.ufl.edu
Fri Aug 23 12:17:30 CDT 2013

The iDigBio data handling working group is seeking anecdotes from people working in collections, collections managers, and/or researchers to build use cases about hosts, parasites, hyperparasites, as well as parasitoid relationships among hosts and parasites (vertebrate, fungal, bacterial, invertebrate, plants, etc.).

Specifically, we are looking for examples of the complexity found in natural history associations, so we can begin creating use cases for modeling this data for structured data sharing.

Please send your anecdotes to Katja Seltmann (kseltmann at amnh.org<mailto:kseltmann at amnh.org>) or Joanna McCaffrey (jmccaffrey at flmnh.ufl.edu<mailto:jmccaffrey at flmnh.ufl.edu>).  Also, if you are interested in serving on an iDigBio sub-working group for a limited amount of time to help gather and analyze the incoming anecdotes, please let us know.

We thank you in advance.

KS and JM

JM: iDigBio Biodiversity Informatics Manager
Florida Museum of Natural History
University of Florida
352-294-1948
www.iDigBio.org