[Taxacom] How to share PDF > copyright, BHL, etc.

Raymond Hoser - The Snakeman viper007 at live.com.au
Sat Aug 24 07:19:39 CDT 2013

Paywall journals versus open access ...other issues ...
Yes, I am live to the issues.
However there are others of note not raised here yet but which have emerged elsewhere.
Having published in peer reviewed journals over 30 years and seeing some of my papers behind paywalls on the web, I decided to take control of my IP and make the newer ones I publish freely available online in my own journal.
The result?
My detractors (Wuster et al) now claim I am a "vanity publisher".
Those others who run paywalls will have a few ways and means to protect their turf.
BTW After publishing three book best sellers in 1989, 1991 and 1993, with the publisher making the lions share of the profits, I did the same for my next six books (published in 1994, 1996, 1999 X 2 and 2000 X 2) and was able to live of the earnings for the next seven years!, so the vanity publishing claim is pure rubbish.   So while my journal AJH is not raking in money is DOES pay it's way in hard copy sales, meaning I have no regrets for the "business model" involved.

All the best

Snakebustersâ - Australia's best reptilesâ

The only hands-on reptilesâ shows that lets people hold the animalsâ.

Reptile partiesâ, events, courses
Phones: 9812 3322

0412 777 211