[Taxacom] How to share PDF

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Sat Aug 24 18:41:29 CDT 2013

Hi Ricardo,
There are ways. I don't know all the details, but I'm pretty sure you can create a members only website for sharing in copyright PFDs, which just isn't "public". I believe some Hymenoptera (Scelionidae etc.) taxonomists have done something like this. Although I don't know all the details, I guess the idea is that you can always share PDFs within a group doing collaborative research? For example, if a paper has 10 authors, each author doesn't need independent access to each cited reference, surely? The question is how widely can "collaborative research group" be defined?
Cheers,
Stephen