[Taxacom] Draft Checklist of the Nonmarine Arthropods of Alaska now online

Robert Guralnick Robert.Guralnick at colorado.edu
Wed Aug 28 03:08:12 CDT 2013

  I agree with Rod about how vexing this problem is, but I don't think its
hopeless nor do I think there is a one-size-fits-all-solution.   Here is
one workflow we've developed in cases where one is confronted with a list
of names, is not an expert on the group(s) in question, and wants to make
an initial validation.

Here:  http://gbif.blogspot.de/2013/07/validating-scientific-names-with.html

Best, Rob Guralnick
CU Boulder