[Taxacom] Draft Checklist of the Nonmarine Arthropods of Alaska now online

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Aug 28 03:16:52 CDT 2013

Global biodiversity estimation across all groups is impossible at present. It can only be done for taxonomic groups which are sufficiently well revised and evenly sampled globally to be able to make a meaningful estimate. So, we can probably do it for extant elephants, but not for weevils ..

Stephen