[Taxacom] We are cataloguing hypotheses & not real things -- I hope everyone appreciates the implications of this. Was Global species lists ....

Pierre Deleporte pierre.deleporte at univ-rennes1.fr
Fri Aug 30 08:02:11 CDT 2013

Le 30/08/2013 12:32, Ashley Nicholas wrote:
> Dear All,
>   in this case species hypotheses (species are not real entities -- Popper's World 2)?

Poper's world 2 is sort of 'mental states',
hence something that can materially exist as a neuronal process in an
active brain
= a bunch of neurones in successive states

so, rather Popper's world 3 = concepts in themselves (e.g. hypotheses),
hence materially inexistant
= ironically "The unwordly world 3 of Karl Popper" (Bunge, 1981)

Pierre

--
Pierre DELEPORTE
UMR 6552 EthoS