[Taxacom] unknown cultivated pine from Louisiana

aon.912051867.4 aon.912051867.4 at aon.at
Sat Aug 31 09:18:52 CDT 2013

The bark reminds me of a Pinus pinaster Aiton; the long, coarse needles
would not contradict such a determination. A cone would, however, be
more helpful for correctly identifying this pine.

The crowns of older Pinus pinea trees nearly always develop into an
umbrella, which is not the case here.

So long !

Friedrich Lauria
Department of Botany