[Taxacom] 'Humans evolved after a female chimpanzee mated with a pig': Extraordinary claim made by American geneticist

Kipling WILL kipwill at berkeley.edu
Wed Dec 4 12:24:08 CST 2013

Seems to be a theme this year: "

Donald Trump drops $5 million orangutan lawsuit against Bill Maher "[If
Trump" can present a valid birth certificate to prove that he's not the
product of his mother having sex with an orangutan, then Maher would write
a check for $5 million to the charity of Trump's choice."

http://www.today.com/entertainment/donald-trump-drops-5-million-orangutan-lawsuit-against-bill-maher-1C9212359

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 9:06 AM, John Grehan <calabar.john at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have to laugh, but given all the convoluted reasoning scientists resort to
> in making a human out of a chimpanzee (or chimp ancestor) the pig theory
> may be methodologically not that far removed.
>
> John Grehan
>

> On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Fred Schueler <bckcdb at istar.ca> wrote:
>

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2515969/Humans-evolved-female-chimpanzee-mated-pig-Extraordinary-claim-American-geneticist.html
> >
> > ...but of course we know that it would have had to have been a female
> > Orangutan. And it's interesting that there's no mention of the general
> > rule that mammalian hybrids are only viable within genera.
> >
> > fred.
> >           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
> > Bishops Mills Natural History Centre - http://pinicola.ca/bmnhc.htm
> > Mudpuppy Night in Oxford Mills - http://pinicola.ca/mudpup1.htm
> > Daily Paintings - http://karstaddailypaintings.blogspot.com/
> >           RR#2 Bishops Mills, Ontario, Canada K0G 1T0
> >    on the Smiths Falls Limestone Plain 44* 52'N 75* 42'W
> >     (613)258-3107 <bckcdb at istar.ca> http://pinicola.ca/
> >
> > The Taxacom Archive back to 1992 may be searched with either of these
> > methods:

> > mailman.nhm.ku.edu/pipermail/taxacom  your search terms here

> methods:

> Celebrating 26 years of Taxacom in 2013.

Contact info:

Kipling W. Will
Associate Professor/Insect Systematist
Director, Essig Museum of Entomology

send specimens to:
Essig Museum of Entomology
1101 Valley Life Sciences Building, #4780
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-4780

letter mail to:
130 Mulford Hall
ESPM Dept.- Organisms & Environment Div.
University of California
Berkeley, California 94720

fax 510-643-5438