[Taxacom] Disclaimer to avoid accidental botanical publication

Anthony Pigott Anthony.Pigott at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 8 17:00:28 CST 2013

Dear All

I'm helping to edit a field guide to a difficult group of ferns. The author
is sadly no longer with us. There are a number of names used which not been
formally published. Although I don't believe that anything in the guide
would meet the requirements for publication under the Code, I am anxious to
avoid any possibility of accidental publication. I have in mind to state
something such as: "This work is issued with the disclaimer that it is not
intended for the purposes of botanical nomenclature." Would this be
water-tight, or does this need strengthening or changing?

I'm aware that there was some discussion on this with regard to the
Zoological Code on this list a while ago.

Thanks

Anthony Pigott