[Taxacom] Disclaimer to avoid accidental botanical publication

Paul van Rijckevorsel dipteryx at freeler.nl
Mon Dec 9 03:26:37 CST 2013

I would agree with all of the others. It is possible to add
a disclaimer, but there is not a set format to do this. Also,
the ICNafp is retroactive, so this disclaimer would not
only have to meet what is now in the Code, but also any
provision that may be included in the future ...

There appear three options:
1) not to use Latin names, but instead put in placeholder-
designations
2) to first put out a short paper in a journal, validating
the names so that they may be used.
3) to provide Code-compliant descriptions in the field
guide and thereby validly publish the names then and there.
(there used to be a Recommendation tailored to just this
situation, but it was sadly deleted by the 2005, Vienna
Congress).

Paul