[Taxacom] Jardin botanique national de Belgique --> Jardin Botanique Meise

John Bruner jbruner at ualberta.ca
Thu Dec 19 13:23:01 CST 2013

>From Google translator:
MUSA The electronic journal of the National Botanic Garden of Belgium No.
36 , Winter 2013

  * The Botanical Garden transferred to Flanders
>From 1 January 2014 , the Botanical Garden will be transferred to the
Federal Communities. The Botanical Garden will be a Flemish External
Autonomous Agency. The Garden has lived in the past a series of
transformations. Our institution was founded in 1796 as "Botanical Garden
of Brussels ." In 1826, the first change, we became " Koninklijke
maatschappij voor Kruid , Bloem en Boom Kweekerij der Nederlanden " . A few
decades later , in 1870 , a new transformation "Botanical Garden of the
State" and , from 1967 until today , it was the " National Botanic Garden
of Belgium ." From 2014 , the new name will be the Garden " Meise Botanical
Garden ." Domaine and its facilities are transferred to Flanders , as his
Dutch staff. The French staff , he transferred to the French Community (
Wallonia- Brussels) but still work at the Botanical Gardens. Collections,
herbarium collections of living plants and library are on loan from the
federal government to Flanders. A scientific committee , composed of
representatives of Dutch and French as well as staff of the Botanical
Garden will oversee the scientific work of the institution universities. A
Board of Directors guides the Garden. The mission of the garden is the
same: "Explore , investigate and describe the plant world , preserve and
make known to jointly build a sustainable future."

--

        John
* Mr. John C. Bruner                                                    *