[Taxacom] Al Gore on evolution

Dan Lahr dlahr at ib.usp.br
Fri Feb 1 09:13:44 CST 2013

I would argue that we are simply taking a more active role in one aspect of
evolution, which is the generation of genetic variability.  We have
absolutely no control over genetic drift and other stochastic events which
are fundamental in evolutionary processes.

As much as I like Al Gore, it seems his understanding of evolution is
shallow at best, similar to most peopleĀ“s.

Dan