[Taxacom] Use of geographic range data as diagnostic characters

Dick Jensen rjensen at saintmarys.edu
Sun Feb 17 16:39:45 CST 2013

I made use of such data in the keys the "Flora of North America" (Quercus section Lobatae).  Some species that have very limited ranges can be easily distinguished despite their morphological similarity.  The geographic info was not the primary part of a couplet, but an adjunct to be used in pinning things down.

Cheers,

Dick J