[Taxacom] Use of geographic range data as diagnostic characters

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 20:59:38 CST 2013

The fact that an attribute might change or vary, does not preclude it
being a character. It just limits what you can do with it.

jim

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Kim van der Linde <kim at kimvdlinde.com> wrote:
> IMHO, there are not, because they can change due to invasion,
> extinction, climate change.
>
> Kim
>
> On 2/17/2013 4:24 PM, Timothy Jones wrote:
>> Political and geographic location, are properties of taxa.  When attempting
>> to identify a taxon; do you look for a book/pub concerning distribution
>> ranges from half-way around the world, or from your locality?
>>
>> Best,
>> Tim
>>

>> On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Thomas Pape <TPape at snm.ku.dk> wrote:
>>
>>> The ICodeZN does not deal with geographical range data as these are not
>>> properties of taxa.
>>>
>>> /Thomas Pape - Natural History Museum of Denmark

Jim Croft ~ jim.croft at gmail.com ~ +61-2-62509499 ~ http://about.me/jrc
'Without the freedom to criticize, there is no true praise.
- Pierre Beaumarchais
'Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to
pause and reflect.'
- Mark Twain
of doubtful sanity.'
 - Robert Frost