[Taxacom] Use of geographic range data as diagnostic characters

Derek Sikes dssikes at alaska.edu
Mon Feb 18 09:55:14 CST 2013

Thanks to all who replied. All very helpful, especially Francisco & Doug's
elaborations on the code!

I was indeed interested in what the code states about the validity of
locality data as a means to make a name available, in addition to the more
general situation in which a species is later determined to be essentially
undiagnosible without the use of locality data (post description).

-Derek

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Stephen Thorpe <stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Derek S. Sikes, Curator of Insects
Associate Professor of Entomology
University of Alaska Museum
907 Yukon Drive
Fairbanks, AK   99775-6960

dssikes at alaska.edu
http://users.iab.uaf.edu/~derek_sikes/sikes_lab.htm

phone: 907-474-6278
FAX: 907-474-5469

University of Alaska Museum  -
http://www.uaf.edu/museum/collections/ento/

Society and / or sign up for the email listserv "Alaska Entomological
Network" at
http://www.akentsoc.org/contact.php