[Taxacom] Kickstarter for Taxonomy

Frank.Krell at dmns.org Frank.Krell at dmns.org
Fri Feb 22 10:49:59 CST 2013

I have just seen that on the new ICZN webpage there now is a 'donate' button, accepting credit and other cards (through PayPal), http://iczn.org/ .

Donating to the ICZN directly seems to be preferable. If, for US tax purposes, a donation needs to be made to an US entity, then the American Association for Zoological Nomenclature might be an option, http://aazn.org/default.asp?action=membership . They are registered with the IRS and support the ICZN (they actually sent a check of $10,000 to the ICZN in 2011!) Membership is $20/yr.

The sums the ICZN needs to function seem to be trivial, but they are not so trivial if you don't have them. It is a worrisome situation.

Thanks for all your help!

Frank

Dr. Frank-T. Krell
Curator of Entomology
Chair, ICZN ZooBank Committee
Department of Zoology
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Boulevard
Denver, CO 80205-5798 USA
Frank.Krell at dmns.org
Phone: (+1) (303) 370-8244
Fax: (+1) (303) 331-6492
lab page: http://www.dmns.org/krell-lab

The Denver Museum of Nature & Science aspires to create a community of critical thinkers who understand the lessons of the past and act as responsible stewards of the future.