[Taxacom] Kickstarter for Taxonomy

CSTURMJR at pitt.edu CSTURMJR at pitt.edu
Fri Feb 22 11:12:01 CST 2013

For those interested in this option, one can go to the ICZN website and
make a donation by credit card or Paypal.  I would also encourage those in
the United States to join the American Association of Zoological
Nomenclature whose mission is to support the ICZN. They seem to be a low
budget organization and the funds that they raise go to support the ICZN
and its mission.

> How many people are on this list? If everybody would chip in 25 dollar,
> I think they would be more than half way to solvency.
>
> Kim
>
>   On 2/22/2013 7:39 AM, Jim Croft wrote:
>> For $10 you get... one random weevil, with all six legs, named to
>> family...
>> For $100 you get...
>> etc...
>>
>> http://iphylo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/the-end-of-names-iczn-in-financial.html
>>
>> Never really thought about the financials of how Botany does its
>> stuff. I guess it is from subscriptions to IAPT/Taxon?
>>
>> jim
>>
>> --
>> _________________
>> Jim Croft ~ jim.croft at gmail.com ~ +61-2-62509499 ~ http://about.me/jrc
>> 'Without the freedom to criticize, there is no true praise.
>> - Pierre Beaumarchais
>> 'Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to
>> pause and reflect.'
>> - Mark Twain
>> 'A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point
>> of doubtful sanity.'
>>   - Robert Frost

>> The Taxacom Archive back to 1992 may be searched with either of these
>> methods:

>> (2) a Google search specified as:
>>
>> Celebrating 26 years of Taxacom in 2013.

> methods:

> (2) a Google search specified as:
>
> Celebrating 26 years of Taxacom in 2013.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm

Treasurer
American Malacological Society

Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Associate Professor - Family Medicine
Fellow-American