[Taxacom] Kickstarter for Taxonomy

Donat Agosti agosti at amnh.org
Fri Feb 22 23:38:38 CST 2013

BTW

Here is the place to pledge your donation: http://iczn.org/

Donat

-----Original Message-----
From: Donat Agosti [mailto:agosti at amnh.org]
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:35 AM
To: 'taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu'
Cc: 'Dean Pentcheff'; 'mivie at montana.edu'
Subject: RE: [Taxacom] Kickstarter for Taxonomy

I think, the budget of USD155,000 is ridiculously low, not least because the Natural History Museums support (infrastructure) and the voluntary work. Our community should be able to stem the amount by our many research institutions. In this respect, one can only support Dixon's call for solidarity within our community.

With the rapidly growing impact of the means of electronic communication, registering of names, linking to underlying data and publications, there will be changes to come, and I am sure the ICZN will face them.

In the meantime, we face a budget crisis and we should support our institution in such a moment. I suggest we all make a pledge to balance this year's budget. Plazi as an organization will pledge USD500, hoping that others follow suit.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/115599971535973973155/posts/CjbPH2LTpzu

Donat Agosti
President
Plazi