[Taxacom] Kickstarter for Taxonomy

Paul van Rijckevorsel dipteryx at freeler.nl
Tue Feb 26 07:20:06 CST 2013

I am probably not the one to ask, but in general botany
is organized a little differently. As you know, the handling
of nomenclature proposals is done by Committees,
which consist of dedicated botanists across the world, so
there is no need for a secretariat to do this.

The IAPT is moderately robust and financially supports
the work of the Editorial Committee that puts together
the Code, and contributes to the travelling expenses of
key persons to an IBC (check any preface of any edition
of the Code and the Congress report, in Taxon 60: 1520.
2011). Also the IAPT funds the Proceedings of the
Nomenclature Section, so that each participant gets a
free copy (although for neither the Vienna nor the
Melbourne Congress this has materialized, as yet) The
IAPT, like any society, produces yearly financial reports,
and I am sure we saw figures at Melbourne. But there
is not a super-abundance of money.

Paul