[Taxacom] Kickstarter for Taxonomy

Mary Barkworth Mary.Barkworth at usu.edu
Wed Feb 27 04:14:33 CST 2013

There is a Special Committee on Registration.
Mandate: To consider what would be involved in registering algal and plant names (including fossils), using a procedure analogous to that for fungal names agree upon in Melbourne and included in the Code as Art. 42 (McNeill & Turland in Taxon 60:1495-1497. 2011) [see http://www.iapt-taxon.org/index_layer.php?page=s_sp_committee_names]

The "what is involved" definitely needs to include consideration of long term maintenance as well as nuts and bolts of the process itself. Suggestions (and offers of endowments) are welcome.

Mary