[Taxacom] Cinnamomum cassia and Neolitsia cassia

Paul van Rijckevorsel dipteryx at freeler.nl
Sun Jan 27 03:00:39 CST 2013

The taxonomy of the Lauraceae remains subject to revision,
and I am not up on the latest developments, but apparently
that is not necessary in this case: Grey bollywood and
smooth-barb bollygum are obviously quite local names.
Some Googling shows that Neolitsea cassia was misapplied
in a number of handbooks to what is now Neolitsea australiensis
(see APNI at  http://www.anbg.gov.au/cgi-bin/apni )

So, no nomenclatural wrongdoing here!

Paul