[Taxacom] Cinnamomum cassia and Neolitsia cassia

Dr Gurcharan Singh singhg at sify.com
Sun Jan 27 03:59:41 CST 2013

Dear Dr. Paul Rijckevorsel
We have to understand the difference between misapplied Neolitsea cassia
and Neolitsea cassia (L.) Kosterm. The question is the application of
Laurus cassia L. as basionym that needs to be resolved.
    Even APNI regards N. cassia (L.) Kosterm and N. australiensis Kosterm
as two distinct species.
     The question here is Cinnamomum cassia (L.) Presl vs Neolitsea cassia
(L.) Kosterm and the basionym Laurus cassia L.

    I fail to understand the need for your comment "So, no nomenclatural
wrongdoing here!"  and may I ask by whom GRIN or The Plant List?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College