[Taxacom] documented use of occurrence data

Weakley, Alan weakley at bio.unc.edu
Mon Jan 28 14:31:23 CST 2013

 At the level of a single US state, the NC Natural Heritage Trust Fund buys land for the state based (largely) on the occurrence of rare species.  See http://www.ncnhtf.org/.   ca. $10,000,000 US dollars worth per year over a 30 year period.  Not quite sure what yiu, Daid are after.  These are not really "new policies".  But they are direct conversion of biodiversity information (occurrences of rare species, and their prioritization) into governmental action.